Friday, November 21, 2008

I've been tagged...

So both Lori-ann and Donna tagged me and I am supposed to write 6 quirky things about myself. Here goes....

1-I hate being alone! When I'm alone at home I tend distract myself by reading, calling my Mom, sister, Carlos, Donna or other friends, getting online and watching movies or TV shows, checking my e-mail, etc.---generally unproductive activities. When Carlos is home I follow him around and don't get as much done as I should unless he is helping me, or in the same room talking to me while I work. When Carlos is out of town the kids rotate sleeping with me. I exercise better in a group setting. I could go on and on. I am really amazed sometimes that I am able to be a stay-at-home mom.

2-I ferment tomato seeds to save and trade, especially Heirloom tomatoes---I'm told this is quirky.

3-I have many nice recipe books and I love to look through them and study them, yet I rarely use recipes when I am cooking.

4-I get excited when a seed catalog arrives in the mail.

5-I love to read books, but I rarely do because I have to read and read until the book is finished. When I am into a good book things don't get done around the house, and I don't get much sleep.

6-I always talk myself out of doing something for myself, especially if it involves spending money.

This is for Lori-ann:
7-I can touch the tip of my tongue to my nose.

8-I can curl my tongue and drink out of it like a straw.

This is for my sisters, husband, and even a few friends:
9-I am the oldest child and grew up in a single parent home so I had a lot of responsibility---I am bossy. I have even "Should ed" people on occasion. There I said it! I am trying to work on this.

And number 10 to make it even:
I have 3 beautiful children and my youngest Lizzie will start Kindergarten next year and I want another baby. Am I crazy!?!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Well, the first step is accepting, then the next step is action. ;) Only kidding, you know that. Little quirks that our friends have only make us that much more endearing. But I am curious about the tongue quirks that were for Lori-ann...

Alanna said...

Fun to read these things about you. Lots of them, I already knew. I'm glad you have a blog and hope to see regular updates of your family.