Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Arguement against real trees...

So, we decided to get a real tree this year. We have never had one and we thought it would be fun for the kids to experience a real tree at least once. We went to the tree lot for family home evening a few weeks ago and picked one out. The kids had fun. We decorated it and have been maintaining it by making sure it has sufficient water. Last night I was having a hard time sleeping. In the middle of the night I hear a crash. I go to investigate and find out the tree has fallen and water is now all over our wood laminate floor and the presents that are under the tree, and the ornaments are scattered everywhere. I woke up Carlos to come and help me because I couldn't get the tree to stay up on my own. I grabbed several towels to clean up the mess, and I had to quickly unwrap the presents and dry them off. Most of the presents under the tree were from family in Colorado and I could tell some of them were books. One of the books got damaged, but I was able to dry off everything else in time. I had an early Christmas, since my present was wet. Now I have to re-wrap all of the presents, and re-decorate the tree. I am not very happy about this! Will I ever get a real tree again? What do you think....
Tyffanie

2 comments:

Alanna said...

That sucks bad. Which present did you get to open early? If it was ours, I hope you like it.

I vote for the fake tree next year. No worries about water or fire hazards.

mom2beachbums said...

No real trees here either....just cant stand the pine needles and Dallin is so allergic anyways!! By the way, thanks to Alanna's Christmas letter I just received I found YOUR blog! So now I can stop harrassing you to start one.