Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving.

It seems like October flew by and November is in a hurry too. We went to Goblin Valley and Capital Reef the first part of October and it already seems like ages ago. Then Halloween came and went. We had a lot of fun this year. Joseph was Indiana Jones and Jason wanted to be R2-D2 from Star Wars. I couldn't see how I could come up with a costume like that with out tons of work and planning and so he chose to dress up and Indiana Jones too---much to Joseph's chagrin. So, we had an older rugged Indiana Jones, and a young clean shaven version. Lizzie wanted to be Princess Leia from Star Wars and I was able to make a simple white dress and a belt. I had fun doing her hair and of course Lizzie had to wear lots of make-up and have sparkles in her hair. The kids had fun painting their own pumpkins and we carved one as a family.

There are some other important things that happened this fall. Near the end of September we went to Idaho for my Grandparents 60th wedding Anniversary. My Mom went also and was re-united with her parents and siblings, after 15+ years. I got to see my Uncle and Aunt that live in Alaska---I haven't seen them in ages. We put together a family cook book---I was in charge of most of it so I was glad to be done with that. In October my Mom was baptized and all of my sisters and brother and their families came out for that. We had a good time together. It was a special day for all of us. The kids love to see their cousins, Reyna and Christopher, that live in Colorado. We had a lot going on, so I guess that is why Fall is flying by. Hopefully I'll get the hang of blogging and learn how to post photos regularly and I will post something before Christmas!

No comments: